Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Swinging the Bar

My big problem is swinging the bar. Especially on the snatch. I have done it from day one. It is hard habit for me to break. I have been going through some resources on the Internet to find ways to correct the issue.




T-Nation has a good article about it with videos and common mistakes people make in the snatch. Here is a video that helped me out
http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=5391368



Here is video of Natalie Burgener in slow motion. I watched this to see the timing of the pull and and hips extending



Finally I think this one really helps a lot with my issue. It gives me something to practice. I swing the bar forward because my weight and hips are probably not in the correct position in the second pull.

No comments:

Post a Comment