Friday, January 25, 2013

1-24-13(GCF session)

Spent the morning working on snatch and deadlift form with Diana Kelly at Graham CrossFit.

Notes from the session:

Snatch
  • Shrug then pull
    • Your arms should bend after the shrug
  • Don't jump back. I am thinking jump too much.
    • When I do the olympic lifts I tend to kick my legs back causing me to land a few inches back. This is causing the bar to be unstable when I land. I need to focus on landing with my feet. They should land horizontal from where they start.
  • Stay over the bar longer
    • I am lifting my chest up too soon when the bar is rising above my knees. I need to keep that back angle to keep that potential energy for exploding. I should feel this more more in the hamstrings if I am doing it correctly.
  • Setup a routine to the bar
    • It really helps to have a routine for confidence. Like shooting a free throw in a basketball game. Helps you relax a bit.
  • In the Burgender warm up I shouldn't jump and do it quick. Good time to work on my feet landing.
Deadlift
  • At the start my feet should be closer
  • Arms should be about thumb width apart from my legs
  • Hips raised at start
    • on heels
    • pull bar back
  • Way down same as way up
    • butt goes back
    • tension should be in hamstrings

CrossFit Endurance WOD
Run 5min, rest 2:30min (8mph on treadmil, 0 incline)
Run 6min, rest 3min (8mph on treadmill, 1.0 incline)
Run 7min  (8mph, 1.0 incline on treadmill)

Stretched

  • hamstrings 2min
  • shoulder rotator 4min (with 45lb barbell to keep shoulder stable on ground)
  • calves 2min each
  • Shoulder with arms clasped behind back 2min each (using 65 resistance band to pull shoulder back) 
  • snatch position 2min each (30 sec on, 30 sec off using a 100lb resistance band adding tension to inside of hips)
  • Shoulder with arm 90 degree to body laying belly down on mat (1:30min each)
  • Hip flexors 2min each (1min on, 30 sec off using a 100lb resitance band adding tension)
* If you have no clue what I am talking about visit MobilityWOD



Pre-workout weight = 175
Post workout weight =174 (hydrated well)
80% Restwise Score

No comments:

Post a Comment