Thursday, January 24, 2013

1-23-13

Did not work out the past few days. Scored a 50% on my Restwise score. I was not sleeping well. I have to sleep in order before I work out. It is the cornerstone.

My problem is I toss and turn during the night. I probably wake up no less than 5x every night. That is just killing my deep REMs. I am trying systematically fix it. One solution is wear socks and dress warmer for bad. Eliminate the factor that I might wake up because I am cold. the other factor is being uncomfortable. I put pillow between my legs to help alleviate pressure. That seemed to help last night too.

As my last post noted...reorganizing workouts. Spent yesterday and today reading Westside Barbell and setting my own periodization chart. I seem to have that setup. The trick is cycling correctly. Not letting your body get too used to one exercise, but still working that muscle group so you don't lose your gains. I am researching more about that now.

WOD
ME: Shoulder Press = 155lb
ME: Back Squat = 185lb

For time:
Row 500m
135lb thrusters and strict pull-ups (12, 9, 6)
Row 500m

Result: 15:47
Thrusters (5/5/2, 5/4, 3/3)
Pull-Ups (5/5/2, 5/4, 3/2/1)
Notes: I really struggle with thrusters. This would have been hard for me with 95lbs. If I was to do it again I would have done it with the 95lbs to increase my bar speed. I got through the workout, but it did not probably make me more explosive. I was extremely tired afterwards so I know I put in a good effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment